Thursday, September 24, 2009

Juicing Catastrophe!

I tried my hand at yet another new juicing recipe from my imagination. Unfortunately, the outcome was not as good as my last random juicing recipe.

I love the taste of orange banana strawberry juice (like Tropicana makes.) Or, I will always order a orange banana strawberry smoothies at smoothie shops. So, I thought, I have a juicer, why not make my own juice instead?

The problem is with the banana. When I put the banana in the juicer, nothing was really coming out. When I opened up the juicer, I saw just a pasty mush all over. There was banana mush all clogged up inside the juicer.

As it turns out, bananas are not good fruits to put in the juicer. They have little water compared to other fruits, and easily get clogged in juicers. Too bad I learned the hard way. Another fruit that you should not juice is an avocado, though that is kind of obvious given how creamy it is.

So, if you want to make orange banana strawberry juice, you will have to juice the orange and strawberry juice first, then put the juice extracted into a blender with the banana and blend it all up. Though much more labor is required, the end product is very delicious (though not quite worth it.) Here is the juicing recipe I used:

Juice the oranges and strawberries first, then add the juice with the banana in a blender
- 3 oranges
- 6 strawberries
- 1 banana

1 comment: