Saturday, September 19, 2009

Juicing Apples!

Apples are THE fruit that you should juice. There are so many good things about them. They are healthy, sweet, delicioius, refreshing, and they are one of the easier fruits for your juicer to handle.

Best of all, they come in all shapes and sizes at any supermarket or produce shop. You can get them slightly sweet to very sweet to very tart. This adds another dimension to your juicer recipes, because not only can you mix and match all sorts of produce, you can tweak the flavors too by juicing different apples.

I usually make apple juice when juicing apples. Just throw 2 or 3 apples into your juicer and that's it. I sometimes mix up different apples when juicing, but I only use a granny smith along with a sweeter apple, like the golden delicious. It adds a nice tart flavor without overpowering your taste buds.

You will have to cut up your apples if they are too big to fit in the feed chute, but don't worry about being picky and removing all the parts you wouldn't eat normally. I don't even bother to remove the seeds anymore. Your juicer should be able to take care of that for you. Do not remove the skin either. It contains a lot of the better nutrients. If you are concerned with pesticides and what not, buy organic. I don't really concern myself with that though. I buy the non-organic because its cheaper. Besides, who doesn't love a little pesticides in their drinks once in a while!

Another popular juicer recipes is to mix apple and carrot juice. The recipe is simple - juice 2 carrots for every 1 apple. I can't comment on this recipe, since I'm not really a fan of carrot juice:

  • 4 carrots
  • 2 apples

Other than this, you can really mix apples with anything. Have fun with it! Let me know if you have any ideas of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment